Whole Foods / Best Buy
West Des Moines, IA / Commercial & Retail
- Whole Foods at Water Tower Place is the first Iowa location for this national retailer.
- The project consisted of the downsizing, relocation and remodel of an existing Best Buy; demolishing a portion of the front facade of the existing building to make way for Whole Foods’ new entry feature, outdoor sales area and outdoor cafe; adding approximately thirty feet of width to the building; a new loading dock/receiving area as well as a new mezzanine for Whole Foods’ office use.
- The exterior facade is a combination of masonry, glass, tile and EIFS w/ an architectural steel canopy extending across the frontage.
- Site improvements included the modification of existing storm facilities; the addition of new parking as well as a new layout for the existing parking lot; a new service drive and loading dock; create outdoor patio space; and new landscaping for the shopping center.
- The addition of Whole Foods has provided a new marquee anchor to the very successful Water Tower Place shopping center and the City of Clive.