Des Moines, IA / Hospitality & Entertainment
- Juniper Moon cocktail lounge is located on the lower level of the Multi-Use building Ingersoll Square designed by Simonson.
- Owned by the founders of Gusto Pizza, Juniper Moon brings a sophisticated, comfortable yet dimly lit Art Deco space to Ingersoll.
- The phone booth in the corner has a working phone with a direct line to Gusto Pizza, which will deliver food.
- The space was inspired by the Hotel Fort Des Moines and the rummage sale of its antiques.
- Decanters were turned into lights that hang over the center of the lounge at varying heights.
- Four Egyptian chandeliers with an Art Deco feel greet guests at the front. Tiffany lamps peppered throughout the room add more low lighting.
- The back bar from Keokuk was made in the 1880s, while two pieces from artist Will Armstrong depict Des Moines in a bygone era.
- Walk to the restrooms to find old photos of the four owners and celebrities who touched the city.
- The cozy lounge has a variety of seating with room for 48 and features a patio for 30.