Des Moines, IA / Commercial & Retail
- 300 MLK is a multi-use entertainment facility with a variety of restaurants, coffee shop, a bar with a rooftop area, and a 24 hour gym.
- The building is an adaptive reuse of several buildings originally built for the Des Moines Brewing Company over a period of years starting in 1908.
- The building had a history of serving many purposes from the original brewery, to a foundry and eventually as a warehouse.
- Opening up the building with additional glass converted the building to a very welcoming facility with plenty of natural light and panoramic views while maintaining the best architectural features of this historic brick building.
- With a variety of neighbors including Principal Park, home of the Iowa Cubs, numerous businesses and a number of downtown residential condominiums and apartments, this facility is an important link in the urban character of the neighborhood.